Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage events occur very frequently in the Round Rock area, but that doesn't mean it's an experience everyone has dealt with yet. Though it can be impossible to prevent a water loss no matter how hard you try to, it is possible to be prepared if one does occur. Down below, you can read more about some do's and don'ts after a water loss. While you wait for our SERVPRO of East Round Rock team to arrive at your property, you can take these steps into consideration.
If you are in need of emergency water mitigation services, don't hesitate and call our East Round Rock team!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (512) 851-1876
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.